This book tells the story of a valuable grapevine collection housed at the University of California, Davis. Foundation Plant Services at UC Davis accumulated the diverse group of grapevines through long-term collaboration with university scientists and viticulturists and the wine industry in a mutual effort to identify, acquire and develop high quality wine and table grapes.
• University Grape and Wine Program 1879-1950
• The Origin of Foundation Plant Services
• FPS into the 21st Century
• Malbec & Cot at FPS
• Black Grapes of Bordeaux
• Sauvignon blanc and the Sauternes
• The Pinots
• The Origin of California’s Zinfandel (Croatia)
• Barbera Finds a Second Home in California
• Riesling at FPS
Foundation Plant Services - University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue / Davis, CA 95616 / 530.752.3590 Phone / 530.752.2132 Fax / Hours of Operation: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm M-F Questions or Comments / E-mail Webmaster / Privacy & Accessibility
Copyright 2021 The Regents of the University of California, Davis campus. All rights reserved.